We want to say THANK YOU for all of your support in 2020. We know it was a difficult year for many. We are immensely grateful for your donations, time, ideas, and dedication to protecting our waters. With your support, we were able to face challenges head on and continue our work protecting our waters. You make our work possible!
Your generous gifts at the end of 2020 set us up for another year of protecting and restoring Washington’s waters. We flew past our $5,000 December fundraising goal and raised just over $14,000! The $5,000 match from a loyal supporter put our total end of year donations just under $20,000!
We look forward to 2021 and what we’ll accomplish together.
The beginning of the new year also marks the beginning of the legislative session. The Legislature will convene on January 11th. Due to COVID-19 the session will be held remotely.
Check out these resources to understand the process and how to watch, participate, track legislation, and contact your legislator. bit.ly/2Xcw1ZL
With the community we’ve built and our amazing partners, we will still raise our voices for clean and abundant water. CELP will post our priorities and how you can get involved soon.
As we head in to 2021, CELP will be ready and able to:
- Raise public awareness about water scarcity issues, including the impacts of climate change, with the goal of moving people to act to protect water resources
- Advocate for the Department of Ecology to adopt sustainable instream flows for critical unprotected watersheds to protect fish and wildlife habitats, recreation, aesthetics, and water quality.
- Continue to work on solutions to restore stream flows impaired by new permit exempt wells.
- Work with Native American Tribes to honor and support their treaty water rights and protect tribal fisheries.
- Use public litigation to protect and defend Washington’s rivers and drinking water aquifers.