Friends of CELP! We are excited to participate once again in the #GivingTuesday movement, Tuesday, December 3rd, 2019.
How can you participate? There are lots of ways to participate in this growing generosity movement. We hope you will consider making a contribution to CELP as a part of your participation! You can also be a social media ambassador for the movement and share the hashtag #GivingTuesday with a message about how you are giving back this year, be it by volunteering, donating money, or simply spreading awareness.
What is #GivingTuesday? #Giving Tuesday is an international campaign, through the holiday season, that encourages charity and generosity using the power of community and social media. It takes place the Tuesday after Thanksgiving; after a long weekend of eating, visiting, and shopping, Tuesday is dedicated to GIVING. In 2019 #GivingTuesday will take place on Tuesday, December 3rd.
How does your gift support CELP’s work to protect, preserve, and restore Washington’s water?
Our work depends on donations from our members and supporters.
- Promote common sense solutions to water scarcity
- Adovacate for the Department of Ecology to adopt instream flow rules to protect watersheds, fish and wildlife habitats, recreation, aesthetics, and water quality
- Participate in watershed planning committees throughout the state
- Raise public awareness about water scarcity and flow issues, including the impacts of climate change
- Mobilize citizen groups to advocate for protection of water resources
- Join forces with Native American Tribes to honor and support their treaty water rights and protect tribal fisheries
- Use public interest litigation to protect and defend Washington’s rivers and aquifers
Patagonia Actions Works will match all donations made here November 29th through the end of 2019! Simply follow the link, make a donation, and Patagonia Action Works will match it dollar for dollar up to an individual donation of $10,000. They are also covering all processing fees so 100% of your donation and their match goes to CELP!
This year loyal donors have also given us a challenge; if we raise $5,000 in donations by December 31st they will match that donation dollar for dollar! Help us reach our goal of $5,000 this holiday season.
Join the #GivingTuesday Movement and Donate to CELP Today!